I have to admit that I don’t enjoy France that much, but it definitely has beautiful places outside of the commercialised cities.
Took a bus from San Sebastian, Spain over to Bordeaux, France. I chose to come here as I previously work with someone from Bordeaux and I wanted to see her cute town. I absolutely loved it!
- Monument Aux Girondins
- Rue Notre Dame
- Lac de Bonlieu
- La Cite du Vin (very innovative wine museum)
- Walk around to get lost
- Bordeaux Palais de la bourse
- Cathedrale St Andre
- Tower Pey Berland (climb all the way up – amazing view!)
- Jardin Public de Bordeaux (loved this park!) – bring your own lunch!
- Place Du Lac – beautiful little beach lake
- Mythic Burger Bordeaux Portal (Not Vegan)
- Hostel 20 Bordeaux – pretty far away from Bus Station but extremely convenient for public transportation.
I had the most amazing time in Paris (all three times that I was there). Paris was the one city I grew up reading romantic novels about. It will always be the most romantic city for me.
- Palais de Justice
- Paris Pastry Class @ Patisserie a La Carte
- French Sauce Cooking Class @ La Cuisine Paris
- Montmatre, Sacre-coeur
- Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Paris
- Musee du Lourvre (obviously!) – I have never gone inside to visit.
- E. Dehillerin (my fav place on earth – kitchen equipments!)
- Paris Bastille
- Moulin Rouge (Amazing show! You have to watch it – very worth it!)
- Le Relais Gascon (Not Vegan)
- Rose Ice Cream @ Amorino
It was a very cute proper town, which I found out that many people moved there to work (second most popular city to move in France besides Paris). It was an interesting dynamic to see this town.
- Opera De Lyon
- Place des Terreaux
- Get lost walking around to see cool art on buildings
- Musee Miniature et Cinema (really amazing small things – worth to visit)
- Cathedrale Saint-Jean-Baptiste
- Basilique Notre Dame de Fourviere (Awesome view from the top)
- Ancient Theatre of Fouvrier
- Brasserie Le Sud – Bocuse (not vegan)
- Le Desjeuneur – really good breakfast with an amazing view (Vegetarian available)
- Away Hostel & Coffee Shop – probably the best hostel I have ever stayed. Clean, Spacious, Modern. Wonderful common area with kitchen equipments.
This is where I left my heart, all these while, I always loved Cannes as it is amazingly beautiful. I have to say Marseille is probably the most beautiful city with beautiful people and sea views in France. I would go back to visit Marseille anytime.
- Island Visit @ Vieux Port – you can just purchase the ticket at the port – must do!
Processed with MOLDIV
- La Vielle Charite
- Walk around town getting lost and wondering through the town is simply beautiful graffiti (reminds me of Portugal).
- Basilique Notre Dame de Fourviere, Marseille – must visit – amazing view of the city.
- Vertigo Centre – amazing location, small kitchen but sufficient enough, lots of space to hang out.
After leaving Marseille with a heavy heart, I then went on to Turin, Italy.
See you later!