#JLHomeCook Vegan Carrotdogs
Ready in 30 mins
Serves 6-8 people
- 8-10 Large Carrots (this solely depends on what else are you serving this with)
- Salt & Oil for boiling carrots
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 3-5 TBS of vegetable/olive oil
- 2 TBS of Soy Sauce
- A handful of oregano
- 1 TBS of cane sugar (or any sugar)
- 1 TBS of water (using the water that was boiling the carrot)
- 1 tsp of Paprika (optional)
- Set water to boil in a pot with salt and oil. Peel off the carrot skin and put them to boil. Slice the top and bottom in a shape that resembles sausage.
- In a big bowl, place all the ingredients into the bowl and mix them well.
- Once the carrots are boiled – slowly slit them to look like sausages.
- Place the boiled carrots into the bowl and marinate the carrots for 5mins (or longer).
- In a hot pan, heat up the oil. Place the carrots to fry.
- Kindly toss them and roll them to even the color (3-5mins)
- Place them aside to drench the oil. Serve this with mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables.
- Be creative with how to serve the vegan carrotdog. You may serve it as a main dish or side dish. It’s super easy and makes people super curious.
- I’ve tried oven baking it as well – it just turned the carrots super sweet – but it doesn’t have the similar texture as panfried.